The Public Health Authority seeks to:
- enhance public/private health care partnerships
- stabilize county dollars going to support health services
- provide consolidation and long-range planning for health services
The authority acts as the local board of health and is charged to protect and promote the public health of the citizens of Cabarrus County.
The Public Health Authority Board has transitioned to a 9-member board effective July 1, 2019, under new by-laws adopted by the Board on May 14, 2019 and approved by the Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners on June 17, 2019.
Membership on this nine-member authority is as follows:
- member who is a practicing Dentist whose primary practice is located in Cabarrus County
- member with significant knowledge, expertise and professional experience in the field of infectious diseases
- member who is a practicing physician in the field of family medicine, internal medicine or community health whose primary practice is located in Cabarrus County
- leadership-level representative of the Cabarrus County School System or Kannapolis City School System, which shall alternate no less often than every two terms
- member of the Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners
- one member appointed by the local governing or advisory board of the main hospital located in Concord, NC, currently known as Atrium Health - Cabarrus
- three public members with significant interest, knowledge, expertise or professional experience in the fields or businesses generally engaged in by the Authority, and especially the field of community health, mental health, and/or other areas of community concern as identified by the periodic community needs assessment conducted by the Authority along with its community partners
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County