Child Support Services
Federal law requires all states to establish programs to establish and collect child support to ensure that both parents support their children.
The NC Child Support program is administered by the NC Department of Health and Human Services.
Cabarrus County’s Child Support services include:
- Location of noncustodial parents
- Establishment of paternity for children born outside marriage.
- Establishment of court-ordered child support
- Collection of child support
- Enforcement of support and medical insurance
- Modification of child support orders
The Child Support program is not authorized to help with such issues as custody visitation or property settlements. A private attorney is needed to discuss these concerns.
Where to apply
If you need assistance completing the above form, you may contact the Cabarrus County Department of Human Services at 704-920-1400 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County