Board of Commissioner action items, May 18
The Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners had its regular meeting on Monday, May 18. Watch the meeting on CabCo TV, Spectrum Cable Channel 22 or on Cabarrus County's YouTube channel. You can also review tweets sent live from the meeting.
- Video of the May 18 Regular Meeting
- Full agenda of the Regular Meeting (scroll down to second set of date listings)
Among its actions, the Board of Commissioners:
- Proclamation: Recognition of Graduating Members
- Proclamation - Memorial Day 2020
Approved the following Consent Agenda items (discussed at the monthly Work Session):
- Appointments - Agricultural Advisory Board
- Appointments - Human Services Advisory Board
- BOC - Reappointment of the Cabarrus County Tax Administrator
- BOC - Resolution Amending the Board of Commissioners' 2020 Meeting Schedule
- DHS - Transportation Resolution Update
- Emergency Management - Cabarrus Stanly Union Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan Adoption
- Finance - Kannapolis City School Request for Kannapolis Middle School Fina Funding
- Human Resources - Delegation of Duties
- Human Resources - Personnel Ordinance Changes
- Infrastructure and Asset Management- EMS Headquarters Update
- Tax Administration -Refund and Release Reports -April 2020
Learn more about serving on a Cabarrus County advisory board and/or committee.
Approved the following New Business agenda items:
- Economic Development Investment - Project Paul - Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
HELD PUBLIC HEARING; AND APPROVED, BUT TO GO INTO EFFECT AFTER THE REQUIRED 24-HOUR PERIOD AND WITH ANY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS REVIEWED
- Finance - Debt Refunding of General Obligation, Certificates of Participation and Limited Obligation Bonds - Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
APPROVED BOND ORDER AND RESOLUTION; HELD PUBLIC HEARING; AND APPROVED SERIES 2020 A-D LIMITED OBLIGATION BOND FINANCING, BUT TO GO INTO EFFECT AFTER THE REQUIRED 24-HOUR PERIOD AND WITH ANY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS REVIEWED
- Finance – Acceptance of Coronavirus Relief Funding
The Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners will hold its next work session is on Monday, June 1, and its next regular meeting on Monday, June 15. Budget workshops will take place June 2 and 4.
Note: This is for information only. The minutes for the meeting will be the official record of action taken by the Board.
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County