Cabarrus Health Alliance and partners offer strategies to prepare for potential local impact of coronavirus
Kannapolis, NC – Cabarrus Health Alliance (CHA) is working with county officials and other community partners to monitor and plan for potential coronavirus cases in our community.
Currently, there are no reported cases of coronavirus in Cabarrus County. Across NC, one case was reported in Wake County.
Preparation is important, as is the health and safety of our staff and those we serve.
How you can help:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom and before eating
- Be sure to wash after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (containing at least 60% alcohol)
- Avoid contact with sick people; stay home when you are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard the tissue
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Employers and businesses in Cabarrus County can help by:
- Reinforcing and follow best-practice cleaning standards in buildings
- Encouraging staff to stay home when sick
- Sharing news and information provided by CHA with employees
Cabarrus County residents can turn to the CHA for ongoing information related to coronavirus and other public health concerns. CHA will provide updates through its website, www.cabarrushealth.org. You can also call the Health Information Line at 704-920-1213 or email email@example.com. Follow the CHA on Facebook and Twitter, @CabarrusHealth.
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County