Simplified payment service offers a safe way to pay 2020 tax bills
The first week of the new year will bring the deadline for paying 2020 real estate and personal property tax bills.
Tax bills mailed on July 31 to property owners listed on tax records as of Jan. 1, 2020. Taxes are based on the January 2020 revaluation value of real properties, and property tax rates set by County and municipal officials in June.
If paid after January 5, 2021, property owners are subject to interest charges, collections and/or tax foreclosure.
A new way to pay
The County is asking residents to pay special attention to the area on the tax bill labeled “myCabCo” for details on a simplified, safe way to pay.
MyCabCo allows users to create a single, secure wallet that stores all their payment, profile and transaction information in one place. From there, users can set up alerts and keep track of their receipts. Payment takes just a few simple clicks.
The service also features:
- An easy-to-follow chat-style walkthrough for a simplified payment process
- A shopping cart that that helps you save on service fees by paying multiple bills at once
- The ability to schedule partial payments, which can help users budget over a longer period of time
- Registration for future electronic billing
- The ability to register and save properties for even easier payment steps next year
The free myCabCo app is now available for download on the Apple and Android app stores. The service is also accessible through desktop and mobile-web devices at myCabCo.cabarruscounty.us.
For questions or online payment assistance, call the Cabarrus County Tax Collector at 704-920-2119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County