This program offers support for caregivers of individuals that are 60 and over.
Unlike most programs that focus on services that help the care receiver (personal care, Meals on Wheels, etc.), this program focuses on tools that assist the caregiver.
Cabarrus County Adult and Aging Services offers the following:
Programs, such as Powerful Tools for Caregivers, that provide the caregiver with learning tools to increase their self-care and confidence, such as:
- Ways to reduce personal stress,
- Helping to change negative self-talk
- Help to communicate needs to family members and service providers
- Assistance communicating more effectively in challenging situations
- Help recognizing messages in emotions and dealing with difficult feelings
- Help with making tough care giving decisions (re: placement, driving, or finances).
Support through care management, which includes a social worker assigned to your case that will meet with your family to assess resources that will help your loved one stay at home while providing information and support to you.
Respite. Respite funding is limited right now, and a waiting list is not maintained. Interested parties are encouraged to call in June of each year to inquire about available assistance. We can also discuss alternative community resources that can provide respite.
Questions or Comments
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County