E911 Addressing Guidelines
When a life is on the line, every second counts. Clearly posting your home or business address is a requirement - and it's a must to help Cabarrus County Emergency Medical Services, local volunteer fire departments and law enforcement better serve you in emergency situations.
Help emergency responders by doing the following:
- Post identification numbers on your home or business that are legible and clearly visible from the street or road.
- Post identification numbers that are at least three inches tall for residential properties and six inches tall for commercial properties.
- Place the identification numbers on, above, or to the side of the main entrance.
- Use contrasting colors that stand out from the background.
- Maintain the condition of the numbers on the structure so that they are legible and clearly visible from the street or road.
- If the posted address cannot be easily viewed from the public road or is located more than 50 feet from the road, a second set of numbers should be displayed on the mailbox or on a post at the entrance to the driveway. Reflective materials should be used for this type of sign.
- If there is more than one way to approach, be sure to mark both sides of the mailbox or post since first responders may be coming from different directions
- The safety of residents and visitors to Cabarrus County is a priority. You never know when you may need to call 911 for an emergency. Making sure your home or business address is clearly posted helps first responders locate you quickly.
Questions or Comments
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County