- ABC-Clio - History and literature e-books, including the series Daily Life, Critical Companions, Literature in Context and American Slavery: A Composite Autobiography.
- AccessScience - 9,000+ encyclopedia articles and research updates, plus videos, animations, charts, images and biographies of scientists.
- The State Library of NC introduces a short, easy-to-understand tutorial on file naming. Designed to help people take small steps to preserve their files, this four-part tutorial describes why file naming is important, how to change a file name, and the do's and don'ts of file naming. These videos are part of a new series, Inform U, which will feature tutorials on digital preservation. Digital preservation means taking practical and conscious steps to keep digital files around for future access and use.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online - Explore the updated online encyclopedia with hundreds of thousands of articles, biographies, videos, images and web sites.
- - Thousands of high quality videos on business and economics, health and
medicine, humanities and social sciences, science and mathematics, as
well as travel and fitness programming, home and how-to videos, indie
films and popular music performances. Includes Oscar, Emmy and Peabody
award winning documentaries, interviews, instructional and vocational
training videos, historical speeches and newsreels.
- y - Covers today's leading cases, major statutes, legal terms and concepts,
notable persons involved with the law and important documents. Includes
topics such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, capital punishment,
domestic violence, gay and lesbian rights, physician-assisted suicide
- - The new NC LIVE health portal includes free access to health
information, news, journal articles, eBooks, videos, health resources in
English and Spanish and more on topics including diet, fitness,
illnesses, wellness and prevention. NC residents can freely and easily
search premium content from top health and medical journals and books.
Additionally, trustworthy web resources have been hand-selected by
health science librarians at UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Healthfinder - Journals,
magazines and medical dictionaries on minority health, as well as
prevention and self-care on a variety of topics such as pregnancy, HIV,
diabetes, women's health and more.
- Homework Help - Includes encyclopedias, magazines, test preparation, writing help and
other resources to aid in the completion of homework assignments.
- Learning Express Library - Practice tests and self-paced courses for all learners. ASVAB, GED, GRE, SAT, resume/cover letter writing courses and more.
- MyiLibrary - Online books on a variety of topics including art, language learning, medical, health, history and more.
- Pronunciator - Provides
interactive, self-paced language learning for 80 languages and ESL for
50 non-English languages. Audio lessons, interactive textbooks,
intelligent flashcards, phrasebooks, pronunciation analysis and quizzes
are included. Users create their own login to access the resource and
track their progress.
- Statistical Abstract of the US - An authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political and economic conditions of the US.
- Universal Class -Learn something new today! Over 500 online non-credit continuing education courses.
Questions or Comments
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County