Cabarrus County Supports The North Carolina Association Of County Commissioners Legislative Goals
- PE-1: Seek legislation to establish a new state-county partnership to address statewide public school capital challenges--including but not limited to maintenance, renovation, construction and debt--through a dedicated, stable funding stream that is consistent from county to county and sufficient to meet the school facility needs of all 100 counties.
- PE-2: Seek legislation to repeal the statutory authority under N.C. Gen. Stat. 115C-431(c) that allows a local school board to file suit against a county board of commissioners over county appropriations for education.
- TF-1: Support efforts to preserve and expand the existing local revenue base of counties, and oppose efforts to divert to the state fees or taxes currently allocated to the counties to the state. Oppose efforts to erode existing county revenue streams and authorize local option revenue sources already given to any other jurisdiction.
- GG-1: Support increased state funding for transportation construction and maintenance needs, and support legislation to ensure that the STI funding formula recognizes that one size does not fit all and that projects in both rural and urban areas are prioritized and funded.
- JPS-1: Support legislation and funding to raise the Age of Juvenile Jurisdiction from 16 to 18 with the exception of felony crimes.
There are seven long-range planning areas in Cabarrus County. Staff periodically reviews the planning documents for these areas to determine if development or trends in the Area necessitate updates. If updates are needed, staff coordinates intergovernmental review of the documents and gathers information through public input sessions.
Questions or Comments
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County