Low Income Energy Assistance
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program provides for a one-time assistance to help eligible families pay their heating bills. You may apply January 1 through March 31. If you are age 60 or older or disabled and working with DHS Adult and Aging Services, you may apply in December.
A Household That Applies Must:
- Meet income guidelines
- Have reserves at or below $2,250
- Be responsible for its heating bills
- Contain a US citizen or an eligible alien with proof of legal citizenship
A Household That Applies Must Provide The Following Information:
- Proof of all income for everyone in the household for the month prior to application (pay stubs, social security payments, self-employment income, etc.).
- Copy of primary heating bill (electricity, natural or propane gas, fuel oil, etc.).
- Proof of cash-on-hand, savings and checking.
- Proof of assets such as mutual funds, stocks and bonds.
- Social Security numbers and dates of birth for everyone in the household.
Individuals may contact the Adult Services Line at 704-920-1400 for questions regarding the Low Income Energy Assistance Program.
Questions or Comments
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County