Families and Children Medicaid
Several different groups of individuals qualify for Medicaid benefits for families, children and pregnant women. All the programs have income limits and some have resource limits. Children under the age of 19 who do not qualify for Medicaid may qualify for NC Health Choice.
This program is designed to help with the medical costs for individuals who are aged, blind or disabled. Services covered may include:
- Payment of Medicare premiums
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital care
- Doctor visits and clinical services
- Licensed home care services
- Prescription medicine
- Laboratory and x-ray services
- Nursing and hospice care
- Durable medical equipment, (eg. walkers)
- Medically necessary ambulance transport
- Dental care
Individuals eligible for the state to buy-in payment of the Medicare Part B premium:
- Are enrolled in Medicare Part A
- Meet the MQB-Q requirements
- Have income between 100 percent and 120 percent of poverty
- Buy-in is effective the month of authorization with “B” Medicaid classification. No additional benefits are provided under this program. No Medicaid card will be issued to recipients authorized for MQB-B.
Long Term Care Medicaid
Medicaid pays for medically necessary nursing home care for patients in skilled or intermediate care nursing homes, or in intermediate care facilities for the mentally disabled.
This program is designed to help with the cost of care for individuals who are aged, blind or disabled and are in domiciliary care (group homes or adult care home facilities and assisted living facilities, also known as rest homes).
You can apply for Medicaid or Special Assistance in several ways:
- Apply online
- Visit the Cabarrus County Department of Human Services at 1303 S. Cannon Blvd., Kannapolis
- Download and print Family & Children Medicaid English application
- Download and print Family & Children Medicaid Spanish application
- Download and print Adult Medicaid application
Questions or Comments
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County