How To Reclaim Your Pet.
Cabarrus County Animal Shelter
Monday - Friday, 12 pm - 4:30 pm
To Reclaim An Animal In Custody Of Cabarrus County Animal Control You Must Provide:
- A valid ID
- Payment for all fines and fees.
- Proof of rabies vaccination.
- Payment for all fines and fees. Acceptable payment methods include: cash, credit card and local personal checks.
Dog Fines And Fees:
Fines for violation of the leash law in section 10-6 of the Animal Control Ordinances, the fines are:
- 1st offense - $50
- 2nd offense - $150
- 3rd offense - $250
Cat Fines And Fees:
There is no leash law on cats, so there is no fine. However, you must pay boarding and vaccination fees.
Boarding Fee And Vaccination Fees:
- $10 per day per animal
As per our Shelter Intake protocol, vaccinations will be administered to each animal that comes in to the shelter as soon as they come in, except in the case of feral or fractious animals that cannot be handled safely. We have no way of knowing whether an animal will be with us for two hours or two weeks or more, so each animal will be vaccinated for their own protection as well as the protection of all animals in the shelter. Please be prepared to cover this cost.
- $20 for dogs to include Rabies, DAPP, and Bordetella
- $15 for cats to include Rabies and FVRCP
Questions or Comments
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County