- ABI/Inform Complete - Business research of journals, trade publications, market research reports, dissertations and working papers.
- Ancestry - Discover your family history and start your family tree. Try free and access over 7 billion genealogy records including Census, SSDI and Military records. In-house use only.
- Archive Grid - Access to primary source information, including birth and death records, ship logs and cemetery records.
- Cabarrus County Register of Deeds - Online access to Cabarrus County deed transactions dating from 1792 to the present.
- Chronicling America - Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the US Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Library of Congress.
- CQ Researcher - Reports on issues shaping our world, with in-depth coverage of political and social issues, such as health, education, the environment, technology and the US economy.
- DigitalNC - Online materials presented by the NC Digital Heritage Center and supported by Library Services and Technology Act funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the NC State Library, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Ebook Academic and Public Library Complete - Scholarly titles supporting student and faculty research, and general nonfiction on topics such as practical life skills, school and studying, career development, arts and leisure.
- Family Search - Discover your family history. Explore the world's largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources compiled by the Church of Latter Day Saints.
- FindAGrave - A free resource for finding the final resting places of famous folks, friends and family members. With millions of names, it's an invaluable tool for genealogical research.
- Fold3 - The place for the web's premier collection of original US military records. Many from the US National Archives and many other archives. In-house use only.
- Gale Encyclopedia of American Law - Covers today's leading cases, major statutes, legal terms and concepts, notable persons involved with the law and important documents. Includes topics such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, capital punishment, domestic violence, gay and lesbian rights, physician-assisted suicide and more.
- Heritage Quest - Treasury of American genealogical sources: unique primary sources, finding aids, local and family histories. Includes historical census, PERSI, Revolutionary War records and more.
- Hoover’s Company Records - Information for over 40,000 companies, including company overview, industry information, leadership and historical financials.
- Independent Tribune - Full-text, searchable, local news content from the Independent Tribune, 2008-present, via NewsBank. Also includes Special Reports about topics currently in the news.
- Legacy -The leading provider of online obituaries for the newspaper industry.
- MedlinePlus - Common diseases and conditions, health promotion and wellness, drugs information, medical dictionaries and more.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center - Includes research and independent opinions on thousands of mutual funds, stocks and hundreds of ETFs.
- NC Echo -Enables users to search across thousands of digitized and “born-digital” historic materials, including a wide variety of books, photographs, maps, family histories, state documents, newspapers and other materials from cultural heritage institutions around NC. The collections include a diverse array of materials by and about the people, places and history of NC.
- NC Live - A public service that provides NC residents with free 24/7 online access to reliable information and resources that enhance education, statewide economic development and quality of life. Online library resources are available that can be used from the convenience of your own home with an Internet connection. By working collaboratively, this database saves NC libraries money and puts all NC residents in a better position to make decisions, take action and find the information they need.
- NC Gazetteer - A dictionary of NC’s geographical place names documenting location, history and origins. First published by the UNC Press in 1968, it was compiled by noted NC historian William S. Powell, professor emeritus of history at UNC-Chapel Hill. A revised edition in 2010 co-edited by Michael Hill of the NC Office of Archives and History updated and expanded the volume. It contains information on over 20,000 places in NC.
- NC Land Grant Images and Data - Contains searchable data for over 216,000 land grants issued by the state of NC from 1663 to 1960. Of these, 42,995 are linked directly to the page image from the corresponding Patent Book where the land description ("metes and bounds") was recorded. For all of Mecklenburg County and part of Wilkes County, grants are linked to over 42,000 high quality images of original warrants, surveys and other related documents. If you are unfamiliar with the land grant process for NC and associated documents, visit the Resources page.
- Newspapers.com - Search more than 1,000 historic newspapers from across NC, including 14 titles from Cabarrus County. Most content is pre-1923, but coverage of Kannapolis Daily Independent from 1954-1968 is also included.
- ProQuest - General reference database for over 175 subjects from magazines, journals and newspapers, including peer-reviewed and scholarly works.
- Reference USA - The premier source of business and residential information for reference and research.
- Salem Press Health - Access Magill's Medical Guide and Psychology/Mental Health. In-house Use or Remote Access
- Sanborn Maps NC - Digital maps, 1867-1970, providing access to large-scale maps of NC towns and cities.
- Science in Context - Reference content plus magazines, journals, news sources, experiments and more. Covering earth science, life science, space, technology, mathematics, science, history and biography.
- Wall Street Journal - Full articles, 1981-current.
- WorldCat - The world's largest library catalog. Find what you want in a library near you with a global catalog of library collections.
- X-Plain Interactive Patient Education Modules - MedlinePlus presents interactive health tutorials from the Patient Education Institute. Learn about the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment for a variety of diseases and conditions. Learn about surgeries, prevention and wellness. Each tutorial includes animated graphics, audio and easy-to-read language.
Questions or Comments
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County